Wade Phillips hired to run Texans defense
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Eyewitness Sports Director Bob Allen first reported it yesterday and now, according to the team's Facebook page, it's happened.The Houston Texans have hired Wade Phillips as their new defensive coordinator. This comes two days after Frank Bush and several defensive coaches were fired by the team.
Phillips is the son of beloved Houston Oilers head coach Bum Phillips. He has experience coaching with the New Orleans Saints, Denver Broncos, Buffalo Bills, Atlanta Falcons and most recently, the Dallas Cowboys, where he was fired after starting the season 1-7.
Phillips began his coaching career with the Oilers under his father, and is a graduate of the University of Houston, so this is a homecoming of sorts. His overall record as a head coach is 82-61
Eyewitness Sports Director Bob Allen says Wade Phillips met with team officials to hammer out details of the deal, which will be formally announced soon.
houston texans, nfl, sports
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt 18 min ago
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced 44 min ago
- German Shepherd called to jury duty in New Jersey 16 min ago
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced 2 min ago
- Fears rise for missing in SKorea ferry sinking 23 min ago
- All 'View' co-hosts will salute Barbara Walters 44 min ago
- Study: Diabetic heart attacks and strokes falling