Clijsters tops China's Li Na, wins Australian Open
MELBOURNE, Australia -- Kim Clijsters won her second straight Grand Slam title and the fourth of her career, struggling early before beating Li Na 3-6, 6-3, 6-3 on Saturday in the Australian Open final.The loss ended an outstanding run by Li, who became the first Chinese player to reach a Grand Slam singles final.
Li appeared to become upset with some of the Chinese spectators in the crowd in the third set and asked the chair umpire to intervene. She later complained about the flashes from photographers at center court.
The win for Clijsters, the reigning U.S. Open champion, came in what was likely her last appearance at Melbourne Park -- she said 2011 could be her last full year on the tour.
Andy Murray will try to become the first British man in almost 75 years to win a Grand Slam singles title when he plays 2008 champion Novak Djokovic in the men's final Sunday.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat