Athletes from Spain, Great Britain win Ironman Texas race
THE WOODLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- The Memorial Hermann Ironman Texas was held in The Woodlands on Saturday.Eeneko Llanos of Spain won the race that requires participants to swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles and then finish the day by running a 26.2-mile marathon.
Llanos completed his day with a 2:49 marathon.
The women's winner was Catriona Morrison of Great Britain with a 3:04 marathon.
Tim O'Donnell of the U.S. was second on the men's side.
sports, tim melton
- weather: Rain moving through our area
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Search for missing jet now includes 25 countries 24 min ago
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover 27 min ago
- Wrong way driver killed after slamming into students' SUV 15 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school