Binghamton tops Aeros to claim Calder Cup
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Aeros came up a bit short in their quest for the Calder Cup. Binghamton topped Houston 3-2 in Game 6 Tuesday night to win the Finals four games to two.It was all tied up at two goals apiece when the Senators' Ryan Keller broke the tie for the deciding goal at the 9:09 mark of the third period.
Houston's Jon DiSalvatore and J.M. Daoust scored power play goals in the second period to give the Aeros a 2-1 lead before Binghamton's Bobby Butler tied the game at 2-2, leading to Keller's game-winner.
Senators goaltender Robin Lehner earned the Jack A. Butterfield Trophy as the most valuable player of the 2011 Calder Cup Playoffs. He finished with 34 stops in the win. Matt Hackett suffered the loss and made 24 saves.
houston aeros, sports
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore' 56 min ago
- Detectives: Two shot at home near Pearland 39 min ago
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death 42 min ago
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- ABC13 broacasting Texans vs. Jags game Thursday night 3 min ago
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle
- Thief steals man's pants and shoots him 31 min ago
- HISD school principal accused of shoplifting
- Search for Missouri fugitive moves to Houston
- Nude pics on Instagram lead to sex assault suspects
- Police searching for driver who struck, killed bicyclist
- Official: Radioactive material in stolen truck gone 30 min ago
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
2 min ago
- Foster grandparents helping shape younger...
50 min ago