Newest hot spot for Texans fan fever
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We're starting to feel Texans fever, and where better to get in the mood than at the official Texans Grille in the City Centre in northwest Houston.
The Houston Texans Grille has only been open for about six weeks, but it's quickly becoming a huge hot spot for fans.
From the bodacious triple-decker blue cheese bacon burger to the 66 flat screen TVs, these Houston Texans fans enjoy themselves.
Shad Miller with the Houston Texans Grille said, "This is one of a kind. We do it right."
The staff at the new Houston Texans Grille's in City Centre is calling this place the next best thing for fans who want to get right into the action.
"If you can't go to Reliant Stadium, you might as well come here," Miller said. "We can do what they do. We've been schooled by the Texans on how to do it, and we do it the right way."
Texans fans tell me this grille isn't your typical sports bar. There's a decked out lounge some like calling the "man-cave."
We found a few fans already passing predictions for Saturday's game.
"I'd like to see them involve Andre Johnson early, since he's kind of making his playoff debut," said fan Kyle Szymaszek.
This place is designed so no fan can miss one minute of the game -- even if you have to take a potty break.
There's also an area called the owner's box, where workers say you can find Texans players and execs mingling with fans on any given night.
Fan Lane Giffin explained, "I just like to come here, simply because you can hang out. Everybody's feeling the vibe, everybody's Texans fans."
Texans fans Lane and Kimberly Griffin told me they're impressed by the 96 gourmet dishes the kitchen staff's ready to whip up as fans talk about their favorite team.
"This has been an awesome ride, and for most big fans like me, it doesn't matter what happens after this," Lane said. "I mean, when TJ Yates took control, it's like OK, let's just play, let's just have fun with the season."
The servers here say it's typically standing room only on game days. And with no reservations, the lines start forming at least two hours before kick-off.
Miller advised, "Come early, be loud, stay late and have a good time."
Workers at the grille say there will be Super Bowl ticket giveaways throughout the month, and on Thursday there's a pep rally beginning at 7pm where Texans staff will give out tickets to Saturday's big game against the Bengals.
houston texans, nfl, sports, demond fernandez
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby 58 min ago
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 42 min ago
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally 42 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years 19 min ago
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody 26 min ago
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest 30 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap
7 min ago