Houston Texans announce increase in ticket prices for 2012 season
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- If you want to be there in person to see the Houston Texans play this fall for a repeat trip to the playoffs, it's going to cost you a little bit more. Coming off their first-ever postseason appearance, the Texans have announced a ticket price increase.
According to the team, the Texans' average ticket price in 2012 will be $78.66 per ticket, which is up 8.5 percent from the 2011 average ticket price.
It's the first price increase in the last two years for the Texans, and the team expects those prices to be among the lower ticket prices in the league.
"Our fans have created one of the best home field advantages in the NFL, as anyone who saw the Wild Card game can attest," said John Schriever, Texans Senior Vice President of Ticketing and Event Management in a press release. "We want to continue to make our games accessible to a broad audience while still pricing in a manner that reflects the strong demand for our tickets. Fielding a championship caliber team and delivering a world class experience for our fans requires us to generate revenues that keep pace with our competition."
The Texans have sold out 101 straight games at Reliant Stadium, and next season, the Texans have games against the Green Bay Packers and the Baltimore Ravens along with division rivals Indianapolis, Jacksonville and Tennessee. The Texans will also host Miami, Buffalo and Minnesota in regular-season action.
houston texans, reliant stadium, nfl, sports
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list 8 min ago
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- More Houstonians using METRO system
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Miley fan sneaked into Omaha dressing room
- 'Burger King baby' now seeks birth mom on Facebook