Lamar takes on Vermont for right to play UNC
RALEIGH, NC -- North Carolina has earned a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament.
The Tar Heels (29-5) won't have to leave their home state as they begin pushing for a third national championship in eight years. They'll begin play in the Midwest Region against the Lamar-Vermont winner on Friday in Greensboro, about an hour west of the Chapel Hill campus.
North Carolina was the preseason No. 1 and won the Atlantic Coast Conference regular-season title. But the Tar Heels played most of the ACC tournament without top defender John Henson due to a wrist injury and lost to Florida State in Sunday's final.
Two losses this year came to the Seminoles. They also lost by a point to Duke and Kentucky on games that came down to the final possession.
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier 39 min ago
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Niko Niko's World Gyro Eating Championship held today
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Fla
- Expect hot, humid conditions next couple of days
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos