Hainault scores to lift Dynamo over Chivas USA 1-0
CARSON, CA -- Andre Hainault scored in extra time to lift the Houston Dynamo to a 1-0 win over Chivas USA on Sunday night in the season opener for both teams.
Dan Kennedy made seven saves for Chivas, but a late rebound fell to the foot of Hainault, who blasted it past the goalkeeper for the defending Eastern Conference champions.
Chivas had its finest scoring chance in the 70th as second half substitute Ryan Smith fired in a cross to a waiting Juan Pablo Angel, who headed the ball just over the net of Dynamo goalkeeper Tally Hall.
Dynamo midfielder Brad Davis, the MLS assists leader in 2011, started for the first time since missing the MLS Cup in November because of a right quad strain.
houston dynamo, mlb, sports
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 10 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad 13 min ago
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Travis Herzog's Monday forecast
6 min ago