Hainault scores to lift Dynamo over Chivas USA 1-0
CARSON, CA -- Andre Hainault scored in extra time to lift the Houston Dynamo to a 1-0 win over Chivas USA on Sunday night in the season opener for both teams.
Dan Kennedy made seven saves for Chivas, but a late rebound fell to the foot of Hainault, who blasted it past the goalkeeper for the defending Eastern Conference champions.
Chivas had its finest scoring chance in the 70th as second half substitute Ryan Smith fired in a cross to a waiting Juan Pablo Angel, who headed the ball just over the net of Dynamo goalkeeper Tally Hall.
Dynamo midfielder Brad Davis, the MLS assists leader in 2011, started for the first time since missing the MLS Cup in November because of a right quad strain.
houston dynamo, mlb, sports
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale