MLS suspends Houston Dynamo midfielder Adam Moffat for 1 game
NEW YORK -- Houston midfielder Adam Moffat has been suspended for one game by Major League Soccer and fined an undisclosed sum for what the league said was a reckless challenge in a game last weekend.
MLS said Friday that Moffat endangered the safety of Osvaldo Alonso during the 35th minute of a game against Seattle. Moffat received a yellow card.
The league also fined Seattle midfielder Alvaro Fernandez for "embellishment of contact" in the 82nd minute of the same match.
houston dynamo, mls, sports
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant