MLS suspends Houston Dynamo midfielder Adam Moffat for 1 game
NEW YORK -- Houston midfielder Adam Moffat has been suspended for one game by Major League Soccer and fined an undisclosed sum for what the league said was a reckless challenge in a game last weekend.
MLS said Friday that Moffat endangered the safety of Osvaldo Alonso during the 35th minute of a game against Seattle. Moffat received a yellow card.
The league also fined Seattle midfielder Alvaro Fernandez for "embellishment of contact" in the 82nd minute of the same match.
houston dynamo, mls, sports
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 27 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- First the wind, then the cold