Texans select Michigan State WR Martin
HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans addressed another team need in the fourth round, selecting Michigan State receiver Keshawn Martin.
The 5-foot-11, 181-pound Martin was an honorable mention All-Big Ten selection after ranking second on the Spartans in receptions (66) and yards receiving (777) in 2011. He also returned punts and kickoffs.
Houston entered the draft looking for receiving depth, with Andre Johnson aging and no consistent threat behind him. The Texans took Ohio State receiver DeVier Posey in the third round.
The Texans began the fourth round by adding more depth to their offensive line, taking Georgia center Ben Jones. The 6-foot-2, 303-pound Jones will back up Chris Myers, who made his first Pro Bowl last year and signed a four-year deal in free agency.
houston texans, nfl, sports
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today