Texans nab Georgia C Ben Jones
HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans added more depth to their offensive line on Saturday, taking Georgia center Ben Jones with their first fourth-round pick.
The 6-foot-2, 300-pound Jones should back up Chris Myers, who re-signed with the Texans in free agency.
The Texans finished 10-6 last season and won their first AFC South title to earn the franchise's first playoff berth. The offensive line was a strength, setting franchise records for yards rushing (2,448) and rushing attempts (546).
Houston has four more picks on Saturday -- Nos. 121, 161, 195 and 233 overall. Houston selected Illinois defensive end Whitney Mercilus in the first round, and Ohio State receiver DeVier Posey and Miami (Ohio) offensive lineman Brandon Brooks in the third round.
houston texans, nfl, sports
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 29 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- New cameras to help cops settle disputes
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market 40 min ago
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier