Texans nab Georgia C Ben Jones
HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans added more depth to their offensive line on Saturday, taking Georgia center Ben Jones with their first fourth-round pick.
The 6-foot-2, 300-pound Jones should back up Chris Myers, who re-signed with the Texans in free agency.
The Texans finished 10-6 last season and won their first AFC South title to earn the franchise's first playoff berth. The offensive line was a strength, setting franchise records for yards rushing (2,448) and rushing attempts (546).
Houston has four more picks on Saturday -- Nos. 121, 161, 195 and 233 overall. Houston selected Illinois defensive end Whitney Mercilus in the first round, and Ohio State receiver DeVier Posey and Miami (Ohio) offensive lineman Brandon Brooks in the third round.
houston texans, nfl, sports
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 37 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- River Oaks residents fighting to stop office building 33 min ago
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Rice U police officers cleared of wrongdoing in man's arrest
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Woman charged after allegedly kicking son in Walmart 50 min ago
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- NJ honor student who sued parents returns home