Houston Dynamo show off new jersey
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Dynamo aren't just getting a new stadium. They're getting a new look, too.
The team president presented Houston Mayor Annise Parker with a new Dynamo jersey at a rally on the steps of City Hall Tuesday. The jersey is darker orange with stripes. The players will start wearing it May 26.
Mayor Parker says soccer has a bright future in the city.
"Our soccer fields are overflowing with young people who want to play soccer and adult teams who have to wait in line for those fields," she said.
The Dynamo play their first game in BBVA Compass Bank Stadium on Saturday, May 12.
houston dynamo, mls, sports
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 40 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy