Houston Dynamo show off new jersey
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Dynamo aren't just getting a new stadium. They're getting a new look, too.
The team president presented Houston Mayor Annise Parker with a new Dynamo jersey at a rally on the steps of City Hall Tuesday. The jersey is darker orange with stripes. The players will start wearing it May 26.
Mayor Parker says soccer has a bright future in the city.
"Our soccer fields are overflowing with young people who want to play soccer and adult teams who have to wait in line for those fields," she said.
The Dynamo play their first game in BBVA Compass Bank Stadium on Saturday, May 12.
houston dynamo, mls, sports
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident 2 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico 53 min ago
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 34 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested 48 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County 2 min ago
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties 32 min ago
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games
- Bakery owner turned hobby into successful...
22 min ago