Dynamo top Beckham and Galaxy 2-1
HOUSTON -- Andre Hainault's goal in the 57th minute gave the Houston Dynamo a 2-1 victory over David Beckham and the Los Angeles Galaxy on Saturday.
Hainault scored to break a 1-all game on a header off a corner kick by Brad Davis. He headed the ball from the near post to the inside far post.
The Galaxy took a 1-0 lead on a goal by Edson Buddle in the 10th minute. Houston tied it in the 38th minute on an own goal by LA's Mike Magee. A shot by Houston's Brian Ching went off the crossbar, then bounced off Magee in front of the goalmouth and into the net.
Beckman missed two good scoring chances. A 30-yard free kick in the 51st minute was knocked over the crossbar by goalie Tally Hall, and his 25-yard free kick in the 83rd minute also was knocked away by Hall.
Landon Donovan and Robbie Keane did not play for the Galaxy; Geoff Cameron missed the game for the Dynamo.
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer