Astros host first tailgating event at Minute Maid
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Astros celebrated a first with their fans Saturday at Minute Maid Park -- tailgating.
Fans brought their grills and enjoyed barbecue in the parking lot.
The city of Houston recently approved an ordinance allowing tailgating at the baseball park. Fans say tailgating enhances the family atmosphere. It was geared toward teens.
The Astros say they plan to host another tailgating event later in the season, but a date has not been announced. According to officials, they want to learn from the process before moving forward to make sure tailgating is clean and safe.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak