Astros host first tailgating event at Minute Maid
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Astros celebrated a first with their fans Saturday at Minute Maid Park -- tailgating.
Fans brought their grills and enjoyed barbecue in the parking lot.
The city of Houston recently approved an ordinance allowing tailgating at the baseball park. Fans say tailgating enhances the family atmosphere. It was geared toward teens.
The Astros say they plan to host another tailgating event later in the season, but a date has not been announced. According to officials, they want to learn from the process before moving forward to make sure tailgating is clean and safe.
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Tornadoes strike Kansas, Oklahoma
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- Police investigating 2 deaths in west Houston 15 min ago
- Local Marine killed in duty honored for bravery
- Driver killed when SUV goes airborne
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship
- Man found fatally shot at Motel 6 in east Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos