3 Toronto FC players arrested in Houston
HOUSTON -- Three Toronto FC players have been charged with public intoxication after police said they got in a fight outside a Houston nightclub and then argued with officers.
Police spokeswoman Jodi Silva says Miguel Aceval, Nick Soolsma and Luis Silva were jailed after the incident early Monday in the parking lot of the Club Escobar. Toronto FC plays the Houston Dynamo here on Wednesday night.
Silva says the three players were involved in a "large fight" outside the club about 2:30 a.m. Officers intervened, Silva says, and the three players "refused to leave the location and became belligerent" with police. One player, Silva says, tried to flee the scene on foot, but was caught. No one else was arrested.
Toronto FC has a 1-10-0 record, worst in Major League Soccer.
houston dynamo, mls, sports
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game