3 Toronto FC players arrested in Houston
HOUSTON -- Three Toronto FC players have been charged with public intoxication after police said they got in a fight outside a Houston nightclub and then argued with officers.
Police spokeswoman Jodi Silva says Miguel Aceval, Nick Soolsma and Luis Silva were jailed after the incident early Monday in the parking lot of the Club Escobar. Toronto FC plays the Houston Dynamo here on Wednesday night.
Silva says the three players were involved in a "large fight" outside the club about 2:30 a.m. Officers intervened, Silva says, and the three players "refused to leave the location and became belligerent" with police. One player, Silva says, tried to flee the scene on foot, but was caught. No one else was arrested.
Toronto FC has a 1-10-0 record, worst in Major League Soccer.
houston dynamo, mls, sports
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: Teen at center of alleged assault partially lied
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos