Dynamo and Fire play to scoreless draw
HOUSTON -- The Houston Dynamo remained unbeaten at home with a 0-0 draw against the Chicago Fire on Tuesday night.
The Dynamo (6-5-6) recorded two shots on goal and moved to 4-0-3 in their new downtown stadium, BBVA Compass Stadium. Houston played without star midfielder Geoff Cameron, who was a late scratch with a left hamstring injury.
Tally Hall stopped the Fire's lone shot on goal in the first half, and helped snap Chicago's season-high winning streak at three matches. Houston had more scoring chances in the game and missed an opportunity to pull within a single point of Chicago (8-5-4) in the Eastern Conference.
In the 76th minute, Brad Davis had a chance to win it for the Dynamo, but his shot from the left side of the box was blocked.
The Fire nearly opened the scoring in the 12th minute, but Hall stopped Marco Pappa's left-footed shot from just outside the box.
The Dynamo are 4-2-3 since losing back-to-back games on April 28 and May 9. That was Houston's only two-game losing streak of the season.
The Fire recorded their first draw since a scoreless tie against Real Salt Lake on May 9.
houston dynamo, mls, sports
- Search in OK nears complettion; tornado was EF5
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Watching line of storms to our north
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- U.S. Senate panel approves immigration bill 58 min ago
- Menil Picasso vandal sentenced to 2 years
- Houston women take on fight to end sex trafficking
- Officials link College Station's E. coli cases to restaurant
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos