Dynamo and Fire play to scoreless draw
HOUSTON -- The Houston Dynamo remained unbeaten at home with a 0-0 draw against the Chicago Fire on Tuesday night.
The Dynamo (6-5-6) recorded two shots on goal and moved to 4-0-3 in their new downtown stadium, BBVA Compass Stadium. Houston played without star midfielder Geoff Cameron, who was a late scratch with a left hamstring injury.
Tally Hall stopped the Fire's lone shot on goal in the first half, and helped snap Chicago's season-high winning streak at three matches. Houston had more scoring chances in the game and missed an opportunity to pull within a single point of Chicago (8-5-4) in the Eastern Conference.
In the 76th minute, Brad Davis had a chance to win it for the Dynamo, but his shot from the left side of the box was blocked.
The Fire nearly opened the scoring in the 12th minute, but Hall stopped Marco Pappa's left-footed shot from just outside the box.
The Dynamo are 4-2-3 since losing back-to-back games on April 28 and May 9. That was Houston's only two-game losing streak of the season.
The Fire recorded their first draw since a scoreless tie against Real Salt Lake on May 9.
houston dynamo, mls, sports
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013 23 min ago
- Drug agents: 'Unfit for human consumption' 51 min ago
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston 50 min ago
- Women behind aggravated robbery caught on video
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty...
- Suspected molester to cops: 'I need help'
- Man facing charges in beating death of his own mother 3 min ago
- 'Pastor' indicted in real estate investment scam
- Vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets burgers for life
- Surgeons remove tiger's basketball-sized hairball
- otrc: New 'Man of Steel' trailer
- abcnews: SI model to attend prom with teen
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...