Rockets hold auditions for in-game entertainment
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Rockets are holding tryouts this weekend for in-game entertainment dance crews.
The Rockets were on a quest Saturday to find boys and girls ages six to 14 for the Little Dippers team while break dancers, tumblers, jump-ropers and stunters are trying out for the Rockets' Launch Crew.
"At Rockets Little Dippers auditions we are looking for kids ages ranged 6 to 14 -- young boys, young girls that bring the energy and the excitement to all of our Rockets fans. We are going to be here today, it's going to be a long audition process, but we are going to look for the right kids and we promise Rockets fans we are going to have phenomenal entertainment," said Houston Rockets Dance Coach and Choreographer Natalie Alvarado.
For some kids, this isn't their first time trying out to be part of the dance team.
"I want to try out for the Little Dippers this year because last year I didn't make it so I really want to make it this year. I really want to make it on TV with the Rockets," 12-year-old Destiny Torres said.
The Rockets also held auditions Saturday for the City Seniors dance team -- a co-ed crew with dancers ages 55 and up.
And don't forget about the Power Dancers. They will audition women 18 and older on Sunday. Candidates must be full-time college students or have a full-time job.
All the auditions are happening at the Toyota Center.
houston rockets, sports
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods