Texans Duane Brown goes down with ankle injury
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Today was Day 5 of Texans training camp, and it was the coach's biggest fear. Left tackle Duane Brown left with an apparent ankle injury.
He iced it and later had to be carted off the field for preliminary tests. They expect to know something later today. Rashard Butler moved from right to left tackle to fill the void left by Brown.
Coach Gary Kubiak is cautiously optimistic.
"It's tough. You have to battle to get better playing football," he said. "Put these pads on and get after it and you hold your breath every play. I think the fact that he did play two more plays and walked off the field on his own is a positive sign."
It's a big blow for the Texans, who lost Andre Johnson until Monday with a groin injury. For Brown, this is contract year.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail