Kubiak says injured Watt will be ready Week 1
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Another day of Texans camp, another injury. This time, it's defensive lineman JJ Watt.
Eyewitness Sports Reporter David Nuno notified us earlier this morning that he noticed Watt being taken off the field. After speaking with Head Coach Gary Kubiak, he learned that the injury was to Watt's elbow, which ended up being dislocated.
Kubiak expects Watt to be ready to go for the season opener.
Watt's injury follows injuries to Duane Brown yesterday and Andre Johnson over the weekend. Kubiak expects all three to be healthy and ready to go for the start of the season.
houston texans, sports
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- No more ice, but cold weather continues