Texans get healthier as they prepare for Carolina
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It's now less than a week until Texans fans will get to see their team in action for the first time this season. It is only a preseason game, but for fans who have been missing the team since last December, it is a welcome sight.The big news on Monday at Texans camp was the return of receiver Andre Johnson and offensive lineman Duane Brown, along with cornerback Kareem Jackson.
Johnson had the groin injury and Brown had a bum ankle. Jackson was sidelined with a pulled hamstring.
Johnson and Brown were psyched to be back at practice with their teammates and weren't limited at all.
"You never want to be sitting on the sidelines watching your teammates play," said Johnson. "You want to be working."
"I feel 100 percent," said Brown. "You take a couple days off and get your wind set back a little back. But it's good to get out here on one of the hottest days of the summer and grind through it."
The team is starting to gameplan for their first preseason game of the year. That'll be against the Carolina Panthers on Saturday at 6pm. It's a game you can watch on ABC13.
houston texans, sports
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Innocent mom killed, kids injured at end of chase
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- Sketch of suspect in west Houston sexual assault released
- UK arrests 2 men over incident with Pakistan plane 35 min ago
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- 13 Things to Know for Friday 1 min ago
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- Party big... and save big too! 18 min ago
- Amanda Bynes arrested over bong
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos