Texans get healthier as they prepare for Carolina
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It's now less than a week until Texans fans will get to see their team in action for the first time this season. It is only a preseason game, but for fans who have been missing the team since last December, it is a welcome sight.The big news on Monday at Texans camp was the return of receiver Andre Johnson and offensive lineman Duane Brown, along with cornerback Kareem Jackson.
Johnson had the groin injury and Brown had a bum ankle. Jackson was sidelined with a pulled hamstring.
Johnson and Brown were psyched to be back at practice with their teammates and weren't limited at all.
"You never want to be sitting on the sidelines watching your teammates play," said Johnson. "You want to be working."
"I feel 100 percent," said Brown. "You take a couple days off and get your wind set back a little back. But it's good to get out here on one of the hottest days of the summer and grind through it."
The team is starting to gameplan for their first preseason game of the year. That'll be against the Carolina Panthers on Saturday at 6pm. It's a game you can watch on ABC13.
houston texans, sports
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat