Olympic medalist Marlen Esparza honored in Pasadena
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- Olympic bronze medalist Marlen Esparza was honored yesterday in a celebration outside City Hall in Pasadena.
Esparza won a bronze medal in boxing in London. Yesterday, her hometown honored her with the keys to the city. Esparza choked up while speaking to the crowd and even apologized for her performance.
"I hope that everybody who watched me and followed me is proud. I did everything that I could do. I know it's not a gold medal. I know it's a bronze, but I tried really hard," she said.
Esparza does plan to try for a gold in the 2016 Rio Olympics, but right now she is focusing on school and starting a clothing line.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home