Olympic medalist Marlen Esparza honored in Pasadena
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- Olympic bronze medalist Marlen Esparza was honored yesterday in a celebration outside City Hall in Pasadena.
Esparza won a bronze medal in boxing in London. Yesterday, her hometown honored her with the keys to the city. Esparza choked up while speaking to the crowd and even apologized for her performance.
"I hope that everybody who watched me and followed me is proud. I did everything that I could do. I know it's not a gold medal. I know it's a bronze, but I tried really hard," she said.
Esparza does plan to try for a gold in the 2016 Rio Olympics, but right now she is focusing on school and starting a clothing line.
- Tanker spill cleanup continues today 43 min ago
- Plans for Astrodome's fate to be discussed 3 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Houston man sentenced for operating bogus ambulance companies
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Mentally disabled mother, child held captive in Ohio 52 min ago
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: NFL player's home searched after killing
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos