Olympic medalist Marlen Esparza honored in Pasadena
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- Olympic bronze medalist Marlen Esparza was honored yesterday in a celebration outside City Hall in Pasadena.
Esparza won a bronze medal in boxing in London. Yesterday, her hometown honored her with the keys to the city. Esparza choked up while speaking to the crowd and even apologized for her performance.
"I hope that everybody who watched me and followed me is proud. I did everything that I could do. I know it's not a gold medal. I know it's a bronze, but I tried really hard," she said.
Esparza does plan to try for a gold in the 2016 Rio Olympics, but right now she is focusing on school and starting a clothing line.
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 24 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner 1 min ago
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- David Tillman's weather forecast
8 min ago
- Mutton bustin' champ had second thoughts
55 min ago