Sugar Land Skeeters break Atlantic League weekend attendance record
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- The Sugar Land Skeeters announced that the club broke an Atlantic League weekend attendance record following Sunday night's crowd of 6,826 at Constellation Field.
The Skeeters' weekend crowd totaled at 22,886 from Friday through Sunday against the Long Island Ducks. The mark tops the previous Atlantic League weekend record held by the Somerset Patriots, who reached 22,200 over three games from June 15-17 this season.
Sugar Land nearly broke the weekend series record twice earlier this season, with an Opening Weekend crowd of 21,896 (April 27 - April 29) and a total of 21,562 over the club's second weekend series on Constellation Field (May 11 - May 13).
On Friday, Sugar Land welcomed a crowd of 8,597 to witness Roger Clemens make his second start with the club and clinch his first-career Atlantic League victory.
The Skeeters will continue their four-game home series with Long Island tonight at 7:05pm, as the Skeeters host University of Texas Night at the ballpark. Clemens will be on hand to throw out a first pitch along with other notable alumni, while the UT Alumni Band will perform throughout the night.
On September 18, the Skeeters will return home for their final home stand of the season. Throughout the club's final six games, the Skeeters will host several fun promotional nights, including Hispanic Heritage Night (Sept. 18), Houston Aeros Night (Sept. 21) and Fan Appreciation Night during the final home game of the season on Sept. 23.
sugar land skeeters, sugar land, sports
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 1 min ago
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally 9 min ago
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards 7 min ago
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- Avalanche sweeps Everest; 6 killed, 9 missing
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash