Rockets' rookie misses training camp for 'personal matter'
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Rockets opened up training camp in McAllen Tuesday. Well, most of the Rockets anyway. And there just might be an issue coming into play here.
Rookie forward Royce White, the 16th overall pick out of Iowa State, wasn't there nor was he at media day Monday. The official statement from the Rockets was that it was a personal matter.
White has a history with anxiety issues that included a fear of flying. But White said last week that his doctors were trying to work out a plan to deal with it.
The Chronicle is reporting that the Rockets were obviously displeased with White's not being there. General Manager Daryl Morey had a no comment when asked if White's absence was excused.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail