Piland passes Coogs past UAB, 39-17
HOUSTON -- David Piland threw for 362 yards and a touchdown and Matt Hogan kicked six field goals and Houston defeated UAB 39-17 on Saturday.
Charles Sims added 134 yards on 26 carries and Kenneth Farrow and Ryan Jackson each ran for a touchdown for the Cougars (3-3, 2-0 Conference USA). Shane Ros led Houston with seven catches for 114 yards and one touchdown.
Hogan connected on six of seven field goal attempts, the longest from 52 yards.
UAB's Austin Brown was 20 of 43 for 302 yards and connected with Jay Davis on a 16-yard touchdown pass. Greg Franklin added a touchdown on a 4-yard run for the Blazers (1-5, 0-2).
Ty Long connected on a 27-yard field goal for UAB. Houston rolled up 566 yards of total offense to 374 yards for the Blazers.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale