Piland passes Coogs past UAB, 39-17
HOUSTON -- David Piland threw for 362 yards and a touchdown and Matt Hogan kicked six field goals and Houston defeated UAB 39-17 on Saturday.
Charles Sims added 134 yards on 26 carries and Kenneth Farrow and Ryan Jackson each ran for a touchdown for the Cougars (3-3, 2-0 Conference USA). Shane Ros led Houston with seven catches for 114 yards and one touchdown.
Hogan connected on six of seven field goal attempts, the longest from 52 yards.
UAB's Austin Brown was 20 of 43 for 302 yards and connected with Jay Davis on a 16-yard touchdown pass. Greg Franklin added a touchdown on a 4-yard run for the Blazers (1-5, 0-2).
Ty Long connected on a 27-yard field goal for UAB. Houston rolled up 566 yards of total offense to 374 yards for the Blazers.
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide 3 min ago
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child 31 min ago
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- House fire claims woman's life in NE Harris Co. 53 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- Police: 2 people killed after Utah rock slide 57 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos