Piland passes Coogs past UAB, 39-17
HOUSTON -- David Piland threw for 362 yards and a touchdown and Matt Hogan kicked six field goals and Houston defeated UAB 39-17 on Saturday.
Charles Sims added 134 yards on 26 carries and Kenneth Farrow and Ryan Jackson each ran for a touchdown for the Cougars (3-3, 2-0 Conference USA). Shane Ros led Houston with seven catches for 114 yards and one touchdown.
Hogan connected on six of seven field goal attempts, the longest from 52 yards.
UAB's Austin Brown was 20 of 43 for 302 yards and connected with Jay Davis on a 16-yard touchdown pass. Greg Franklin added a touchdown on a 4-yard run for the Blazers (1-5, 0-2).
Ty Long connected on a 27-yard field goal for UAB. Houston rolled up 566 yards of total offense to 374 yards for the Blazers.
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1 3 min ago
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John...
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians