McHargue, Petersen lead Rice past UTSA, 34-14
HOUSTON -- Quarterback Taylor McHargue ran for two touchdowns and Turner Petersen added another as Rice's ground game overwhelmed UTSA in a 34-14 Owls victory Saturday.
McHargue completed 12 of 21 passes for 144 yards and ran for another 68 yards. Charles Ross led all rushers with 117 yards on 16 carries as Rice (2-5) rolled up 301 yards on the ground.
While Rice's quarterback didn't throw for a touchdown, running back Luke Turner hit Donte Moore for a 38-yard TD pass in the second quarter. Two Chris Boswell field goals rounded out the scoring for Rice.
David Glasco II scored UTSA's sole touchdown on a 36-yard pass from Eric Soza. Glasco also ran it in for the 2-point conversion.
Kristian Stern had two field goals for the Roadrunners, who lost for the first time this season after a 5-0 start.
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 48 min ago
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43 16 min ago
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better 55 min ago
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20