McHargue, Petersen lead Rice past UTSA, 34-14
HOUSTON -- Quarterback Taylor McHargue ran for two touchdowns and Turner Petersen added another as Rice's ground game overwhelmed UTSA in a 34-14 Owls victory Saturday.
McHargue completed 12 of 21 passes for 144 yards and ran for another 68 yards. Charles Ross led all rushers with 117 yards on 16 carries as Rice (2-5) rolled up 301 yards on the ground.
While Rice's quarterback didn't throw for a touchdown, running back Luke Turner hit Donte Moore for a 38-yard TD pass in the second quarter. Two Chris Boswell field goals rounded out the scoring for Rice.
David Glasco II scored UTSA's sole touchdown on a 36-yard pass from Eric Soza. Glasco also ran it in for the 2-point conversion.
Kristian Stern had two field goals for the Roadrunners, who lost for the first time this season after a 5-0 start.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 12 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects