Mayor Parker declares November 6 'Bob Allen Day'
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Eyewitness Sports Director Bob Allen received an honor of his own on Tuesday.
"Therefore, I, Mayor Annise Parker, hereby declare today Bob Allen Day in the city of Houston, Texas," Mayor Parker announced during a City Council meeting.
It's official, November 6 is now Bob Allen Day. Bob was recognized by the Houston City Council Tuesday for his outstanding work in sports as well as his dedication to the community, specifically his efforts with the Special Olympics and the Sunshine Kids.
- Search in OK nears complettion; tornado was EF5
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Watching line of storms to our north
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- U.S. Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Menil Picasso vandal sentenced to 2 years
- Houston women take on fight to end sex trafficking
- Officials link College Station's E. coli cases to restaurant
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos