Mayor Parker declares November 6 'Bob Allen Day'
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Eyewitness Sports Director Bob Allen received an honor of his own on Tuesday.
"Therefore, I, Mayor Annise Parker, hereby declare today Bob Allen Day in the city of Houston, Texas," Mayor Parker announced during a City Council meeting.
It's official, November 6 is now Bob Allen Day. Bob was recognized by the Houston City Council Tuesday for his outstanding work in sports as well as his dedication to the community, specifically his efforts with the Special Olympics and the Sunshine Kids.
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- What was interpreter REALLY signing 59 min ago
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating' 53 min ago
- Driver charged after turning to cosmetic for revenge
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- YouTube Rewind: What does 2013 say? 6 min ago
- Motorcyclist dies after colliding with car
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck