Mayor Parker declares November 6 'Bob Allen Day'
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Eyewitness Sports Director Bob Allen received an honor of his own on Tuesday.
"Therefore, I, Mayor Annise Parker, hereby declare today Bob Allen Day in the city of Houston, Texas," Mayor Parker announced during a City Council meeting.
It's official, November 6 is now Bob Allen Day. Bob was recognized by the Houston City Council Tuesday for his outstanding work in sports as well as his dedication to the community, specifically his efforts with the Special Olympics and the Sunshine Kids.
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths 56 min ago
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options 50 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at indoor pool 4 min ago
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 3 min ago
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course 35 min ago