Ex-Houston Oilers head coach Jack Pardee diagnosed with terminal gall bladder cancer
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Former Houston Oilers, Gamblers and University of Houston and Chicago Bears head coach Jack Pardee has been diagnosed with terminal gall bladder cancer.
I talked for quite a while with his son Ted Tuesday afternoon who told me that doctors at M.D. Anderson told Coach Pardee that the cancer is spreading and that he has between six and nine months left to live.
Pardee is the only man to have coached in the NFL, the USFL, the World Football League, and the Canadian Football League. He was an All-American linebacker at Texas A&M and was one of Bear Bryant's famed Junction Boys in the mid-50s. He played linebacker for the Los Angeles Rams and Washington Redskins.
One of the Pardee's daughters lives in Denver and his wife Phylllis is in a hospice in Denver after suffering two strokes. The coach will join her there for his remaining days.
Pardee is 77 years old. His son tells me he's in good spirits right now.
sports, bob allen
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 1 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses 18 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Casey Curry's weather forecast
2 min ago