Houston Astros running out of fans?
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- As the Houston Texans continue to garner more attention nationwide for their wins this season, the Houston Astros are being recognized for an entirely different reason.
In fact, the 'Stros have been ranked third on Market Watch's list of the 13 Professional Sports Teams Running of Fans.
Market Watch cites last season's abysmal 55-107 record for the placement on the list, and says fewer than 20,000 tickets were sold for the average Astros game. Minute Maid Park has double that capacity.
Meanwhile, the Cleveland Indians came in second place, and the Seattle Mariners topped the list.
houston astros, mlb, sports
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million 56 min ago
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns 42 min ago
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing
- Motorcyclist killed in head-on wreck in northwest Houston
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Battleship Texas celebrates its 100th...
55 min ago