Houston Astros running out of fans?
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- As the Houston Texans continue to garner more attention nationwide for their wins this season, the Houston Astros are being recognized for an entirely different reason.
In fact, the 'Stros have been ranked third on Market Watch's list of the 13 Professional Sports Teams Running of Fans.
Market Watch cites last season's abysmal 55-107 record for the placement on the list, and says fewer than 20,000 tickets were sold for the average Astros game. Minute Maid Park has double that capacity.
Meanwhile, the Cleveland Indians came in second place, and the Seattle Mariners topped the list.
houston astros, mlb, sports
- Rockets road to the Finals begins tonight 46 min ago
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John... 25 min ago
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians