Houston Texans break out letterman jackets
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- In high school, the varsity athletes get lettermen jackets. It's a great look when you're in high school...or if you play for the Texans.
On Friday, every player received his lettermen jacket. Antonio Smith modeled the look for us.
This is all the brain child of Connor Barwin and Shaun Cody. Players plan to wear it on the flight to New England, and of course, to add patches all year long.
"I don't know what Connor's going to do," said Smith. "He's got full creative reign of the letterman jackets."
Barwin said the way the entire team embraced the idea of the jackets is a sign of the team's camaraderie.
"Yeah, we have a dress code," said Barwin. "The idea is to wear them on the trip, to wear them on the trip to New England. On the plane, I'm pushing for khaki pants, white shirt blue tie and jacket, so it looks like we are getting on a yellow bus with our shoulder pads in our hands."
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston