Houston Texans break out letterman jackets
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- In high school, the varsity athletes get lettermen jackets. It's a great look when you're in high school...or if you play for the Texans.
On Friday, every player received his lettermen jacket. Antonio Smith modeled the look for us.
This is all the brain child of Connor Barwin and Shaun Cody. Players plan to wear it on the flight to New England, and of course, to add patches all year long.
"I don't know what Connor's going to do," said Smith. "He's got full creative reign of the letterman jackets."
Barwin said the way the entire team embraced the idea of the jackets is a sign of the team's camaraderie.
"Yeah, we have a dress code," said Barwin. "The idea is to wear them on the trip, to wear them on the trip to New England. On the plane, I'm pushing for khaki pants, white shirt blue tie and jacket, so it looks like we are getting on a yellow bus with our shoulder pads in our hands."
- Girl finds mother shot to death in SW Houston
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Cold, damp weather to continue
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Apartments under construction burn in 2-alarm blaze
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Ice to linger over much of Texas
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats
- Crowds smoke pot, celebrate legalization
3 min ago