Houston Texans break out letterman jackets
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- In high school, the varsity athletes get lettermen jackets. It's a great look when you're in high school...or if you play for the Texans.
On Friday, every player received his lettermen jacket. Antonio Smith modeled the look for us.
This is all the brain child of Connor Barwin and Shaun Cody. Players plan to wear it on the flight to New England, and of course, to add patches all year long.
"I don't know what Connor's going to do," said Smith. "He's got full creative reign of the letterman jackets."
Barwin said the way the entire team embraced the idea of the jackets is a sign of the team's camaraderie.
"Yeah, we have a dress code," said Barwin. "The idea is to wear them on the trip, to wear them on the trip to New England. On the plane, I'm pushing for khaki pants, white shirt blue tie and jacket, so it looks like we are getting on a yellow bus with our shoulder pads in our hands."
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare 6 min ago
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring 29 min ago
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Last words from missing jet came after shutdown 8 min ago
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- HISD expanding dual language program 41 min ago
- 5TH WARD REVITAL
19 min ago