Mayor Parker dons Galaxy jersey to settle bet with LA's mayor after Dynamo loss in MLS Cup
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston's mayor settled a bet Wednesday at city council over the Dynamo's loss in the MLS Cup championship game.
Mayor Annise Parker wore an L.A. Galaxy jersey to the council meeting as part of her bet with Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa. At the beginning of the month, the Dynamo fell to the Galaxy 3-1 for the second year in a row in the MLS Cup.
Mayor Parker says she always roots for the home team, and Houstonians always make good on their bets.
houston dynamo, mls, sports
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 15 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 42 min ago
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects