Mayor Parker dons Galaxy jersey to settle bet with LA's mayor after Dynamo loss in MLS Cup
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston's mayor settled a bet Wednesday at city council over the Dynamo's loss in the MLS Cup championship game.
Mayor Annise Parker wore an L.A. Galaxy jersey to the council meeting as part of her bet with Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa. At the beginning of the month, the Dynamo fell to the Galaxy 3-1 for the second year in a row in the MLS Cup.
Mayor Parker says she always roots for the home team, and Houstonians always make good on their bets.
houston dynamo, mls, sports
- Severe weather possible this morning 51 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 23 min ago
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 29 min ago
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?