UH preparing for what might happen to Big East Conference
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A University of Houston official tells us the school's leadership is prepared for whatever happens to the Big East conference. They'll need to be prepared now.
A report in USA Today cites two sources who say the Big East as we know it is done after seven more schools, including Georgetown, St. John's, DePaul and others, have decided to withdraw from the league.
Barely a year ago, the Cougars joined the Big East for all sports. It looked like a great move then. But Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Louisville and Rutgers have recently bolted for greener pastures.
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards 14 min ago
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody 21 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today 36 min ago
- Rescuers rush to reach hundreds in SKorean ferry 6 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps Everest; 6 killed, 9 missing 43 min ago
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas