UH preparing for what might happen to Big East Conference
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A University of Houston official tells us the school's leadership is prepared for whatever happens to the Big East conference. They'll need to be prepared now.
A report in USA Today cites two sources who say the Big East as we know it is done after seven more schools, including Georgetown, St. John's, DePaul and others, have decided to withdraw from the league.
Barely a year ago, the Cougars joined the Big East for all sports. It looked like a great move then. But Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Louisville and Rutgers have recently bolted for greener pastures.
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies 59 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game