Houston Dynamo to open 2013 season by hosting DC United on March 2
NEW YORK -- Major League Soccer's season will open March 2 with six games on its earliest start date, and New England will be the final team to open at home when it hosts Dallas on March 23.
The league said Tuesday that March 2 matches will include Columbus at Chivas USA, Colorado at Dallas, D.C. United at Houston, Kansas City at Philadelphia, Montreal at Seattle and Toronto at Vancouver.
The two-time defending champion Los Angeles Galaxy open at home against Chicago the following day, when New York is at Portland and Salt Lake is at San Jose.
Home openers on March 9 include Chicago, Colorado, D.C. and Toronto. Five teams open at home March 16.
Each team will play 34 regular-season games, the same format as last season.
houston dynamo, mls, sports
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks 23 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date 6 min ago
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes