Rockets suspend F Royce White
HOUSTON -- The Houston Rockets have suspended first-round pick Royce White for "refusing to provide services" required by his contract.
General manager Daryl Morey said Sunday that the team will continue to work with White in hopes of finding a resolution.
Last week, White refused his assignment to Houston's D-League affiliate. The 16th overall pick in the June draft has spent most of the season on Houston's inactive list while he and the team figure out how to handle his anxiety disorder and overall mental health.
The 6-foot-8 White missed the first week of training camp. He flew to Detroit with the team for the season opener and then traveled by bus to Atlanta and Memphis for games. But he soon stopped participating in team activities, saying his mental health took precedence over his NBA career.
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year' 15 min ago
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses 31 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 6 min ago
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony 3 min ago
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail 8 min ago
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids