Houston welcomes female Harlem Globetrotter for first time in 20 years
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston welcomed a female Harlem Globetrotter to town for the first time in 20 years.
Ariel "Mighty" Mitchell suited up with the team for three games at Reliant Arena this weekend.
The Louisiana native is just the 11th woman to play for the Globetrotters in the team's 87-year history.
She says she hopes to inspire kids to know that anything is possible with hard work and dedication.
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids 4 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today