Houston welcomes female Harlem Globetrotter for first time in 20 years
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston welcomed a female Harlem Globetrotter to town for the first time in 20 years.
Ariel "Mighty" Mitchell suited up with the team for three games at Reliant Arena this weekend.
The Louisiana native is just the 11th woman to play for the Globetrotters in the team's 87-year history.
She says she hopes to inspire kids to know that anything is possible with hard work and dedication.
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 23 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student 2 min ago
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged 10 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico