Packers all-time leading receiver Driver to retire
GREEN BAY, WI -- Donald Driver is retiring, with a formal announcement planned next week for the Green Bay Packers all-time leading receiver.
The Packers made the announcement early Thursday. In a statement, Driver says he's always enjoyed a "special bond" with Packers fans, and "can think of no better way to retire than to celebrate with them and the Packers organization." Driver will officially retire Feb. 6 at the Lambeau Field Atrium.
Driver finishes as the Packers all-time leader in yards receiving (10,137 yards) and catches (743), and is third behind Don Hutson and Sterling Sharpe with 61 touchdown receptions. He had seven 1,000-yard seasons, also a Packers record for a receiver.
He turns 38 on Saturday.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard