Dynamo's Brad Davis named to U.S. men's national team roster vs. Honduras
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston Dynamo midfielder Brad Davis was named to the United States men's national team roster for its CONCACAF World Cup qualifying match on Wednesday at Honduras, U.S. Soccer announced Monday.
Davis, 31, has earned six caps with the U.S. men's national team, including his recent start against Canada on Jan. 29 at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston.
He set a career high with eight goals in the 2012 regular season and recorded his fourth straight season with at least 12 assists. Davis was named an MLS All-Star for the fifth time and earned Dynamo team MVP honors for the fourth consecutive season.
Wednesday's game against Honduras kicks off at 3pm CT, and is the first match of the final round of qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil. The U.S. will play ten total matches -- five home and five away -- through Oct. 15, 2013 against the five remaining CONCACAF countries: Costa Rica, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico and Panama.
The top three teams will advance to the 2014 World Cup, with the fourth place team advancing to a playoff series against the winner of the Oceania region.
houston dynamo, mls, sports
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Boy, 6, drowns in Fort Bend County pool
- Another record could fall before Powerball drawing
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- Robbery suspects lead police on overnight chase
- Officer hurt when driver hits cruiser in NW Houston
- Nuisance buildings around Houston coming down today
- Triathletes pushing themselves today in The Woodlands
- 300-pound man dies after cops use stun gun 40 min ago
- Granbury residents prepare to return home
- NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles, says SKorea
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos