Dynamo's Brad Davis named to U.S. men's national team roster vs. Honduras
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston Dynamo midfielder Brad Davis was named to the United States men's national team roster for its CONCACAF World Cup qualifying match on Wednesday at Honduras, U.S. Soccer announced Monday.
Davis, 31, has earned six caps with the U.S. men's national team, including his recent start against Canada on Jan. 29 at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston.
He set a career high with eight goals in the 2012 regular season and recorded his fourth straight season with at least 12 assists. Davis was named an MLS All-Star for the fifth time and earned Dynamo team MVP honors for the fourth consecutive season.
Wednesday's game against Honduras kicks off at 3pm CT, and is the first match of the final round of qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil. The U.S. will play ten total matches -- five home and five away -- through Oct. 15, 2013 against the five remaining CONCACAF countries: Costa Rica, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico and Panama.
The top three teams will advance to the 2014 World Cup, with the fourth place team advancing to a playoff series against the winner of the Oceania region.
houston dynamo, mls, sports
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 35 min ago
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display 32 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings 53 min ago
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- David Tillman's weather forecast
53 min ago