New uniforms unveiled for Houston Dynamo
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two-time Major League Soccer champions the Houston Dynamo have a brand new look. The team showed off their newly designed jerseys on Monday.
A big week for the Dynamo kicked off Monday with media day and the unveiling of the new uniforms. You may recall the Dynamo lost its sponsor so the new uniforms have a traditional look with a new spin -- home orange and away whites have the team logo on the left chest area, an American flag on the left sleeve and a Texas flag on the bottom of shirt.
The new kits also feature no collar -- unlike last year's version -- and are made of a lighter, 100% recycled material. The kits are for this season and the 2014 season.
Brad Davis, Brian Ching and other Dynamo players modeled the new kits at a press conference Monday.
"We wanted to maintain a traditional looking uniform that met the standards of top clubs from around the world," said Dynamo president Chris Canetti. "We also wanted it to be a stark contrast to our previous uniform. It was important for us to incorporate elements that represent our club and fan base, such as the Forever Orange tag and the Texas flag. Overall, I think we have met our objectives and have a quality new uniform that players and fans will enjoy."
It's a clean look for a team that's set a standard and play to keep their fans spoiled, including back-to-back Eastern Conference championships.
"We do set a standard I think from day one in 2006 by winning championships. I've always said I think the fans were a little bit spoiled those first two years, but we've always strived to keep them spoiled. What you see is what you get from us; there's no cheating going on, there's no, any mystery to soccer. These guys show up, they play hard, they love their fans and they go home," said Dynamo coach Dominic Kinnear.
On Monday night, there's a launch party at the House of Blues, then on Tuesday from 5pm-7pm you can get your own Dynamo jersey at the team store at BBVA Compass Stadium and there's an autograph session. It's all leading up to the home opener Saturday against DC United.
houston dynamo, mls, sports
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 9 min ago
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd