Terry tops Dallas Kimball to win Texas 4A title
AUSTIN, TX -- Derrick Griffin had a dominating performance with 26 points and 14 rebounds, leading Rosenberg Terry over two-time defending champion Dallas Kimball 55-47 Saturday for the Class 4A state title.
Terry (31-9) trailed 23-7 in the first quarter, then roared back behind Griffin, who out-dueled Kimball's Keith Frazier, who scored 24 points.
Griffin was 11 of 20 shooting, with no basket bigger than his rebound and reverse layup after a missed free throw that gave Terry a 52-47 lead with 58 seconds left. Terry closed out the win behind three free throws from Eugene Wright and Dimetri Amerson. </p.
Terry went 15 of 28 from the line. Kimball (23-10) took just four free throws the entire game and didn't score over the final 3 minutes, 45 seconds.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names 27 min ago
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner 45 min ago
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- David Tillman's weather forecast
53 min ago