Terry tops Dallas Kimball to win Texas 4A title
AUSTIN, TX -- Derrick Griffin had a dominating performance with 26 points and 14 rebounds, leading Rosenberg Terry over two-time defending champion Dallas Kimball 55-47 Saturday for the Class 4A state title.
Terry (31-9) trailed 23-7 in the first quarter, then roared back behind Griffin, who out-dueled Kimball's Keith Frazier, who scored 24 points.
Griffin was 11 of 20 shooting, with no basket bigger than his rebound and reverse layup after a missed free throw that gave Terry a 52-47 lead with 58 seconds left. Terry closed out the win behind three free throws from Eugene Wright and Dimetri Amerson. </p.
Terry went 15 of 28 from the line. Kimball (23-10) took just four free throws the entire game and didn't score over the final 3 minutes, 45 seconds.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star 1 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 1 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers 55 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin