Got $10 million? Give Astros owner Jim Crane a call
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Astros are rebuilding. We know that. They have the lowest payroll in the big leagues, and they've been saying the right things.
But it appears Astros owner Jim Crane is getting a little tired of the national media stacking it on his team. Crane told the Wall Street Journal it doesn't bother him that the fans want the Astros to spend more money. He says the Astros are a private company, even though it's got a public flair to it.
Crane says in the article that if the fans want to write a check for $10 million, they can give him a call.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 44 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon