Got $10 million? Give Astros owner Jim Crane a call
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Astros are rebuilding. We know that. They have the lowest payroll in the big leagues, and they've been saying the right things.
But it appears Astros owner Jim Crane is getting a little tired of the national media stacking it on his team. Crane told the Wall Street Journal it doesn't bother him that the fans want the Astros to spend more money. He says the Astros are a private company, even though it's got a public flair to it.
Crane says in the article that if the fans want to write a check for $10 million, they can give him a call.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County 19 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 31 min ago
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS 14 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant 21 min ago
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives? 19 min ago
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area?
- There's pee in the water -- again!