Rice Coach David Bailiff talks about his three-year contract extension
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It's tough to imagine a better fit for a great university than David Bailiff at Rice.
Thursday night, we told you about his three-year contract extension. On Friday, Bailiff beamed with pride about all the possibilities at Rice following the Owls' bowl win last season.
"That's exciting to have that kind of longevity at a place you really enjoy working around young men that you just love to be around" said Bailff. "I truly am blessed. I'm coaching the future leaders of this country and it's an incredible opportunity."
Bailiff is 30-44 in six seasons at Rice and is 2-0 in bowl games, including last season's 33-14 win over Air Force in the Armed Forces Bowl.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 48 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 56 min ago
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight 7 min ago
- Dying child receives experimental drug 22 min ago
- First the wind, then the cold 52 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case