Boy, 7, battling cancer scores in University of Nebraska's spring game
LINCOLN, NE (KTRK) -- A little Nebraska boy battling brain cancer had his dream come true this weekend, scoring a touchdown in his first college football game.
Seven-year-old Jack Hoffman ran in a 69-yard touchdown in front of 60,000 screaming fans at the University of Nebraska spring game.
Hoffman was given the opportunity to play for the Huskers during the game.
Jack's moment was something he'll never forget, but it's also one that will go into the record books. He was Nebraska's leading rusher for the day.
If you haven't seen the touchdown yet, it's posted on YouTube.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- No more ice, but cold weather continues 38 min ago
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 48 min ago
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns