Regan Smith wins wreck-fest at Talladega
TALLADEGA, AL -- Regan Smith won the crash-filled Nationwide Series race at Talladega Superspeedway when NASCAR said he was leading at the final caution flag Saturday night.
The race was delayed three hours by rain and slowed by several cautions, and NASCAR cut the distance by 10 laps as darkness closed in on the track. Then Joey Coulter brought out a caution and NASCAR decided to make one attempt at a green-white-checkered finish.
At least 10 cars were jockeying for position in packs of two on the final lap when Brian Vickers was spun hard into the outside wall. Smith, Joey Logano and Kasey Kahne raced three-wide to the finish line and Kahne crossed it first.
But NASCAR decided Smith was leading when the caution came out and was the winner.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 32 min ago
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years 57 min ago
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain 9 min ago
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody 1 min ago
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
28 min ago
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap
45 min ago