Regan Smith wins wreck-fest at Talladega
TALLADEGA, AL -- Regan Smith won the crash-filled Nationwide Series race at Talladega Superspeedway when NASCAR said he was leading at the final caution flag Saturday night.
The race was delayed three hours by rain and slowed by several cautions, and NASCAR cut the distance by 10 laps as darkness closed in on the track. Then Joey Coulter brought out a caution and NASCAR decided to make one attempt at a green-white-checkered finish.
At least 10 cars were jockeying for position in packs of two on the final lap when Brian Vickers was spun hard into the outside wall. Smith, Joey Logano and Kasey Kahne raced three-wide to the finish line and Kahne crossed it first.
But NASCAR decided Smith was leading when the caution came out and was the winner.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Woman found dead inside burned out home 33 min ago
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 40 min ago
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force 36 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- Police: 2 people killed after Utah rock slide
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos