Regan Smith wins wreck-fest at Talladega
TALLADEGA, AL -- Regan Smith won the crash-filled Nationwide Series race at Talladega Superspeedway when NASCAR said he was leading at the final caution flag Saturday night.
The race was delayed three hours by rain and slowed by several cautions, and NASCAR cut the distance by 10 laps as darkness closed in on the track. Then Joey Coulter brought out a caution and NASCAR decided to make one attempt at a green-white-checkered finish.
At least 10 cars were jockeying for position in packs of two on the final lap when Brian Vickers was spun hard into the outside wall. Smith, Joey Logano and Kasey Kahne raced three-wide to the finish line and Kahne crossed it first.
But NASCAR decided Smith was leading when the caution came out and was the winner.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 39 min ago
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company 37 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course 59 min ago
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham' 28 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
28 min ago