Texans' JJ Watt target of Internet hoax
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Texans Star J.J. Watt is slamming reports of bodily injury that have been circulating on the Internet.
Social media blew up on Thursday with a hoax that claimed Watt had suffered two broken legs in an accident in Miami. All are false.
Watt's working out with his teammates and glad to help after a quick call home Thursday.
"It's kind of a sad day when I have to call my mom and let her know not to believe a report that somebody made up. But, I mean, that's the world we live in today," he said. "It's kind of sad but I understand that it is part of the job. And you've got to do what you've got to do I guess."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- College student from Baytown fatally shot 44 min ago
- Kubiak era ends in Houston 41 min ago
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package 34 min ago
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen 58 min ago
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo