Owls, Aggies and Kats hit the road for NCAA tournament
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It has been a long time since there were no NCAA baseball regionals in the state of Texas. But with Rice not earning a host site, the road to Omaha is just that. It's on the road.
The 41-17 Owls have come on of late, but not enough to earn a Reckling regional so the C-USA champs will pack their bags for the long flight to Eugene, Oregon.
The Owls the No. 2 seed there. They'll take on San Francisco Friday at 4pm. Oregon and South Dakota State at 8pm.
The Aggies turned some heads with their upset of No. 1 Vanderbilt in the SEC tournament. Texas A&M is in the NCAA tournament for the seventh straight year.
The Aggies will start in Corvallis, Oregon. A&M takes on UC Santa Barbara Friday. Oregon St against UTSA is the night game.
The Sam Houston State Bearkats, regular season Southland champs, have the short trip over to Baton Rouge. The Kats join LSU, Jackson State and their first game opponent, Louisiana-Lafayette in the Baton Rouge regional.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County 38 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 39 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin 26 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale