Rice AD Greenspan resigns after three years on job
HOUSTON -- Rick Greenspan says he is resigning as Rice University's athletic director after three years in the position.
In a statement issued by the university Thursday, Greenspan says he would leave June 30 to expand his consulting business and pursue other opportunities offered him.
Rice had hired the former West Point and Indiana AD to run its athletics department in March 2013. Since then, the department has raised funds for an $8 million tennis center to be built this summer and launched a $44.5 million fundraising campaign for a new football end-zone facility.
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin inks extension
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression
- Girl, 5, surprises deaf parents at holiday...
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond