Clyde Drexler, Hakeem Olajuwon accompany Rockets to woo Dwight Howard
HOUSTON -- The Houston Rockets have met with Dwight Howard to begin the NBA's free agency period.
With Hall of Famers Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler joining them, the Rockets pitched Howard on leaving Los Angeles and joining All-Star James Harden in Houston.
Rockets general manager Daryl Morey wrote on Twitter early Monday that it great meeting with Howard and that having Olajuwon and Drexler there "made it obvious how (Howard and Harden) could be the next (great) big/wing combo."
Howard, who played last season with the Lakers after playing his first eight in Orlando, is also being pursued by Dallas and Atlanta, and the Lakers have said repeatedly they want to keep him.
Free agency opened at midnight EDT. Contracts can't be signed until July 10.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Massive fire breaks out at NE Harris Co. home 3 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery 30 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend 43 min ago
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class