Clyde Drexler, Hakeem Olajuwon accompany Rockets to woo Dwight Howard
HOUSTON -- The Houston Rockets have met with Dwight Howard to begin the NBA's free agency period.
With Hall of Famers Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler joining them, the Rockets pitched Howard on leaving Los Angeles and joining All-Star James Harden in Houston.
Rockets general manager Daryl Morey wrote on Twitter early Monday that it great meeting with Howard and that having Olajuwon and Drexler there "made it obvious how (Howard and Harden) could be the next (great) big/wing combo."
Howard, who played last season with the Lakers after playing his first eight in Orlando, is also being pursued by Dallas and Atlanta, and the Lakers have said repeatedly they want to keep him.
Free agency opened at midnight EDT. Contracts can't be signed until July 10.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Outlet mall shoppers get scare on Sunday 59 min ago
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex 43 min ago
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old 3 min ago
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- Search for missing jet now includes 25 countries
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover