Astros' Castro picked for first All-Star game
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Astros catcher Jason Castro has been named the Astros sole representative in this year's All-Star Game.
Castro, who will be a reserve in the game, is second among American league catchers in home runs (11), doubles (22) and slugging percentage (.465). It's Castro's second full season and first All-Star selection.
The game will be played at Citi Field on Tuesday, July 16 at 7pm.
- Walmart in Kemah on lockdown 24 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck 38 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case