Astros' Castro picked for first All-Star game
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Astros catcher Jason Castro has been named the Astros sole representative in this year's All-Star Game.
Castro, who will be a reserve in the game, is second among American league catchers in home runs (11), doubles (22) and slugging percentage (.465). It's Castro's second full season and first All-Star selection.
The game will be played at Citi Field on Tuesday, July 16 at 7pm.
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety 1 min ago
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 50 min ago
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows 34 min ago
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Ice and snow frustrate US holiday travel rush
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1