Rockets fined $150K for comments on Dwight Howard
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- When word came down last Friday night that Dwight Howard had picked the Rockets over the Lakers, Rockets GM Daryl Morey let out a yell. He then tweeted about it and made it public .
Comments about it are against NBA rules while their annual moratorium is in place. It will be lifted Wednesday.
On Tuesday, the Rockets were fined $150,000 by the NBA for unauthorized public comments about Howard.
Howard verbally committed Friday to sign a four-year, $88 million contract with the Rockets, passing up a $118 million deal over five years to stay with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 27 min ago
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl 4 min ago
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 25 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students