Rockets fined $150K for comments on Dwight Howard
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- When word came down last Friday night that Dwight Howard had picked the Rockets over the Lakers, Rockets GM Daryl Morey let out a yell. He then tweeted about it and made it public .
Comments about it are against NBA rules while their annual moratorium is in place. It will be lifted Wednesday.
On Tuesday, the Rockets were fined $150,000 by the NBA for unauthorized public comments about Howard.
Howard verbally committed Friday to sign a four-year, $88 million contract with the Rockets, passing up a $118 million deal over five years to stay with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 53 min ago
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon 29 min ago
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven 49 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 40 min ago
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Study: Losing temper could lead to heart attack, stroke 27 min ago
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
12 min ago