Houston Rockets player Terrence Jones arrested for allegedly stomping on homeless person
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston Rockets player was arrested early this morning for allegedly stomping on a homeless man in Oregon.
According to Portland police, Terrence Jones, 21, was arrested at around 2am Pacific time.
A sergeant on patrol saw a large group of people exit a nightclub and spill onto the sidewalk and street. As he was trying to get people out of the street, he noticed a man, later identified as Jones, walk by a doorway where two homeless men were sleeping. According to the sergeant, Jones yelled for them to wake up, then raised his leg and stomped down on one of the men's legs.
Jones was taken into custody on a charge of harassment.
The man who was police say was on the receiving end of Jones' stomp had a minor injury and didn't require immediate medical attention.
Last year was Jones' first with the Rockets. He played his college basketball at Kentucky.
- Woman found dead inside burned out home
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 55 min ago
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force 14 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Man accused of plotting to detonate bomb at Wichita airport 36 min ago
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
- Swimmer nabs monster lobster with bare hands
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos